Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy February!


A new year, and new recipes!
I have an amazing muffin recipe that I have adapted from several different recipes- the flour blend is my own, which I am so happy to share with you all.
Everyone in my family loves these, and today I made them even healthier by switching in some quinoa flour and teff flour. Mmmm.

Mmmmuffins

Preheat oven to 350*
Makes 18- 24 muffins

1/2 cup sugar
4 T butter or margerine
4 eggs
2/3 cup tapioca starch
2/3 cup rice flour (** sub. 1/3 c teff flour and 1/3 c quinoa flour to make a little healthier!)
2/3 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
4 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk (or soy milk etc)
1/2 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350*
Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, and add vanilla.
Mix together flours, salt, baking powder and xanthan gum, and add to the egg mixture alternately with the milk.
**OPTIONAL: stir in chocolate chips, blueberries, dried fruit nuts etc
Grease muffin pans with butter.
Pour into muffin pans, bake 18- 20 minutes at 350*
I believe this recipe would work just as well as for a cake- I will post when I try it!

No comments: