Saturday, June 15, 2013

Baking Saturday

Today is the day to bake.
I was going to bake a beautiful Blueberry pie for my Mum, but I "inherited" some fantastic tart tins that I have yet to use, so blueberry tart it is!
Initially I was going to just use my tried and true pastry recipe, but as I searched for inspiration on the Web, I realized I had to find a "Pate Sucree", or shortcrust recipe.
I found one that looked great, but alas I have not (yet) converted to measuring my ingredients by weight.. Solution: a hybrid.  I used the instructions from one, the measurements from another, and  my own flour combo mix (that I use for pie pastry).  The pastry is now resting in the fridge, and my fingers are crossed!

1 comment:

Amity Susan Kate (am su ka) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.